Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Let's get organized: makeup and nail polish edition

On Friday's post I shared with y'all my love of organization and that I bought some goodies at The Container Store. I love acrylic so I looked for a makeup organizer and a way to display my nail polish. I found the perfect solutions.

Love this simple Nail Polish Riser {on sale!}
Love the acrylic! I think it looks so clean
This is the Large Acrylic Makeup Organizer
I made sure to only put my essential makeup items in the organizer. Things that I use almost everyday or need to reach easily.

1. Headbands: The back section was too deep for makeup pots but my headbands fit perfectly! I like to use headbands to hold my hair back when applying makeup.

2. Makeup Brushes & Mascara: There are four section perfect for brushes and mascara. I separate my brushes based on use; small face, large face, and eyes. Conveniently two mascara tubes fit in one section.

3. Lilly Pulitzer Perfume: If you used liquid foundation this would be the perfect section but my favorite perfume fits there nicely.

4. Eye Makeup & Misc: In these two section I put my pots of eye makeup and blush top down so I can read what everything is. I also put any lip gloss or small perfume bottles I might be using that week. I can clip my tweezers and finger nail clippers along the side so those don't get lost.

5. Foundation & Bronzer: I use bareMinerals makeup and their containers for foundation/bronzers are rather large so this section was perfect!

I love using bareMinerals makeup and would recommend it to anyone and everyone. All the brushes, eye makeup (minus mascara), and face products are great for your skin. The makeup is so gentle you can sleep in it!

Having all of my makeup and nail polish organized makes my bathroom look better and my morning routine quicker!

Happy organizing!

1 comment: